Dress Up and Dream Big!
Bridgeport, CT — Shopping at Goodwill does good – especially at Halloween time – to find the clothes, shoes and accessories to build your one of a kind costume, find new and used costumes, or new costume accessories! (Items and quantities vary by store.)
Goodwill of Western & Northern Connecticut, Inc. selected TFI Envision, Inc. to create point of sale (POS) materials for the Halloween shopping season. The TFI Envision creative team developed eye catching, bright orange rack toppers correlating a child’s costume wish, to the good the purchase does for those individuals and families in need. Posted throughout the stores, they are hard to miss and remind shoppers to consider purchasing costumes, or costume elements at Goodwill, that also support their mission.
AMERICANS AND HALLOWEEN
The National Retail Federation surveyed nearly 6,800 people in early September 2016 about their Halloween plans for 2016. It found that Americans will spend an estimated $8.4 billion on the holiday, including $3.1 billion on costumes.
• More than 682,000 children plan to dress up as a fairy this year.
• Following the second TMNT movie this summer, almost 739,000 kids will dress as one of the four hero turtles named after Italian Renaissance artists.
• About 739,000 children will go out this Halloween as one of the two most famous mice in the world – Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse.
• Another 739,000 kids will dress up as a bumblebee, ladybug, butterfly or another creepy crawler.
• About 995,000 children will dress up as Cinderella, Snow White or Sleeping Beauty, among other Disney princesses.