The magnificent All Russian Opera Concert featured a performance of some of the greatest Russian music ever written, with a full orchestra and a cast of Russian opera stars. Highlights of the evening were, Eugene Onegin and Iolanta by Tchaikovsky, The Tsar’s Bride by Rimsky-Korsakov and Rachmaninov’s Vocalise. The performance featured internationally acclaimed bass Mikhail Svetlov, American debuted Russian soprano Tamara Alexeeva and the company debuted Russian Baritone Anton Belov.
This award winning poster was designed and illustrated by Thomas G. Fowler for the Connecticut Grand Opera & Orchestra. The bold graphic of the Russian is overlayed with a musical score as a spot varnish, giving this poster additional depth and visual interest. Printed in an extremely limited quantity on high quality paper by H.T. Woods in 1995.
This poster is part of the permanent collection at The Museum of Decorative Arts Hamburg, Germany
This poster has won the following awards and was featured in the following publications:
– Graphic Design and Poster Collection
– The Type Director’s Club | Certificate of Typographic Excellence (1997)
– The Type Director’s Club – ‘Typography 18’ (1997)
– North Light Books ‘The Basics of Visual Communication’ (2000)
– Connecticut Art Director’s 20th Annual Awards Show (1995) Excellence Award–Public Service
– Excellence Award – PostersPrint’s 1995 Regional Design Annual
– Graphis Poster ’96
– AIGA/Boston The 1995 BoNE Show (The Best of New England)
– Graphic Design: USA’s Awards Annual (1995)
How to order: To place an order, call Amy at 203.750.9655 or email Amy by clicking here. Please provide the poster title and SKU number along with your phone number, she will contact you for your credit card information and complete order details.
We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover or American Express.
Shipping/Handling along with State Sales Tax (if applicable) will be added to your order upon processing.