The deformed court jester, Rigoletto, the hunchback, not only figures in the opera, but has been vividly characterized by Giuseppe Verdi in his music. “Rigoletto” is one of the best known of Verdi's operas, with the Duke's La donna è mobile (Woman is fickle) the most famous of its arias and one that has a particular function in the opera, as it returns at the end to reveal to Rigoletto the fact that the Duke is still alive.
This award winning poster was designed and illustrated by Thomas G. Fowler for the Connecticut Grand Opera & Orchestra. Printed in an extremely limited quantity on high quality paper by H.T. Woods in 1999.
This poster has won the following awards and was featured in the following publications:
– Step-By-Step Graphics 100 Best (2001)
– 2001 AIGA/Boston BoNE Show
– Creativity 30 Annual (2000)
– HOW Self Promotion Annual (2000)
– 2000 American Graphic Design Awards
– Print’s Regional Design Annual 2000
– 25th Annual Connecticut Art Director’s Club Award Show (2000) Award of Excellence
How to order: To place an order, call Amy at 203.750.9655 or email Amy by clicking here. Please provide the poster title and SKU number along with your phone number, she will contact you for your credit card information and complete order details.
We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover or American Express.
Shipping/Handling along with State Sales Tax (if applicable) will be added to your order upon processing.